Selleys Autofix Kwik Grip is a solvent-based polychloroprene contact adhesive suitable for bonding both absorbent and non-absorbent surfaces. It forms an instant bond on contact of two treated surfaces placed under pressure.Instructions:
- Ensure that surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry and free from, oil, grease, waxes or polishes.
- Surfaces to be bonded should be relatively smooth and/or close fitting.
- Both surfaces should be completely covered with adhesive and kept apart till 'touch dry' - no more than 40 minutes.
- Position the items carefully, still keeping surfaces apart. When edges are perfectly aligned, press surfaces firmly together.
- Secure bond by running a roller over the bonded surfaces or else by hammering the surface from the centre outwards using a padded block.
- When small surface areas are to be joined a wet bond may be used. Simply apply Kwik Grip to one surface then bring the surfaces together and clamp until dry.
- Not suitable for bonding rough, ill-fitting surfaces. Consider the suitability of alternative products such as Liquid Nails for these applications.
- Not for polyethylene, polypropylene plastics. Use Selleys All Plastic Fix.
- Kwik Grip should not be used in temperatures below 10°C.
- Not suitable for contact with gasoline or distillate.
- Not suitable for bonding rough ill-fitting surfaces.