This Selleys Aqua Knead It, is ideal for use on a large number of items in damp, wet or underwater settings. It is suitable for use on such surfaces as glass, metals, timber, fibreglass, concrete, masonry and most plastics (pre-test suggested). It is very easy to use, showing great adhesive strength by hardening after 20-30 minutes and capable of being drilled, sawed, sanded, filed or painted after one hour.Where can you use it?
This repair item is extremely versatile and is ideally suited for use in a wide variety of places around the house like repairing pipes, generators, sinks, tubs, water and fuel pumps, leaking gaskets, fish tanks, electrical connections and more. Outside the house it still serves as more than efficient for repair of ponds, pools, spas, wooden boat decks and hulls, and a wide variety of other repairs to damp and wet locations.Handy Tips
- Ensure the putty and hardener are mixed properly. Knead It will become warm as it is mixed, A good indication its mixed properly is when you have a uniform colour, and feel a mild heat radiating from the Knead It.
- To help determine when your Knead It has set, keep a small piece off to check- when it is hard, it indicates your job is done.
- Use Knead It Steel for applications on metal or fuel contact
- Set time increases at temperatures below 20°C.
- Clean surface free of grease, dirt and dust. For best results roughen bond area prior to cleaning.
- Cut off required amount. Replace disc on remaining portion. Wear gloves to avoid messing hands. To mix, knead with fingers to uniform colour. If mixing is difficult, warm to room temperature.
- Apply to surface to be repaired (within 12 minutes of mixing) and work the material forcefully into the surface applying pressure until adhesion begins to take effect. Mould to shape if required. If material sticks to fingers, use the plastic wrapper to press the material in place.
- For a smooth appearance, remove excess and hand rub with water or a damp cloth before hardening begins.
- Trim away any excess before initial hardening. Remove any residues with acetone prior to initial hardening. Hardened excess may be sanded or trimmed away once fully cured.
- After 20-30 minutes Knead-It Aqua will harden and begin to form a strong bond. Allow for longer cure times at lower temperatures. After 60 minutes Knead-It Aqua may be drilled, sanded, machined, filed, sawed or painted.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after use.
- Not recommended for filling or sealing joints/cracks subject to movement as the cured product is extremely hard and inflexible.
- Does not adhere to polyethylene, polypropylene or Polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon) or silicone rubber
- Not recommended for use where hydrostatic pressure is present prior to cure