Calibre brake pads have evolved, using the latest in braking technology!
At the forefront of the new design is FRICTION TRACK technology. Typically, a brand new set of brake pads can take up to 30 stops before full braking performance is reached. The FRICTION TRACK technology which was developed by Bendix engineers is a bright red high friction stripe across the surface of the brake pad. This helps the pad deliver optimum performance while bedding in.
Friction compounds for Calibre brake pads have been formulated to reach a delicate balance keeping brake dust to a minimum, while still delivering excellent braking performance. Far from a one size fits all approach, the friction compound for each part number has been designed to perfectly suit each vehicle.
Keeping your brakes performing quietly are the noise reducing shims which are situated on the back of each Calibre brake pad. These help to prevent the tiny vibrations and noise which are usually the cause of brake squeal by dampening sound during braking.
Brake Replacement Tips.
1. Ensure no strain is places on the brake hose during the replacement procedure.
2. Use a caliper spreader tool to G-Clamp to push the piston into the caliper bore.
3. For best results machine the brake disc surface when replacing brake pads.
4. Clean all braking surfaces with Brake Cleaner.
5. Most manufactures recommend brake fluid be replaced every 2 years.
Bedding In Procedures.
Calibre brake pads feature a unique and innovative FRICTION TRACK that assists with the bedding in procedure. The Friction track does not replace the bedding in procedure which must be followed as per the following steps.
1. Accelerate the vehicle to 60km/h.
2. Using light to moderate pedal effort, reduce speed to 10km/h.
3. Repeat 1 & 2 at least 10 times allowing 400m between cycles.
Do not make repeated brake applications in quick successions or drive with brakes continuously applied during bed in as this may lead to overheating causing loss of braking efficiency, poor pedal feel and possible noise.
From the makers of Bendix
Noise reducing shims
Responsive pedal feel
"Friction Track" technology for faster bedding in
Excellent braking performance
Friction compounds to perfect suit each vehicle