KT Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panels
KT have designed and developed it’s very own Innovative ‘KT Commander Series Smart-Touch Switch Panel’ which functions using heat-sensitive touch technology, just like your ‘Smart Phone’. Simply by touching the ‘Smart-Touch Screen, you have the ability to power lighting and other 12V appliances in Caravans, Motorhomes, Vehicles, Heavy Machinery, Boats and more. There are a wide range of applications as the KT Commander Series Smart-Touch Switch Panel can be used for ‘ANYTHING’ 12V. A sleek design allows it to be mounted almost flush with a surface, giving it a clean and tidy finish.
Available in 4 way (single voltage) and 8 way (dual voltage for dual battery systems), the KT Commander Series Smart-Touch Switch Panels provide 20 Amps per circuit which goes above and beyond current switch panels on the market. Each pack also includes 48 icons that are easily changed to suit the application of each circuit.
A backlit LED screen allows for easy ‘ON/OFF’ identification. Switch Panel Buttons illuminate to BLUE indicate when a circuit is active ‘ON’ and powering a device.
When circuits are inactive or switched ‘Off’ the LED’s will default to AMBER. The LCD Voltage display assists in determining how much power appliances are drawing from the battery and can be checked at any time.
- Basic D.I.Y Wiring & Installation
- 4 Way Switch Panel, 20 Amps per circuit (80 Amps total)
- 8 Way Switch Panel, 20 Amps per circuit (160 Amps total)
- Single & Dual LCD Voltage Display
- Blue ‘On’ and default Amber ‘Off’ Backlit Touch Screen for easy On/Off identification
- Over 48 icons to suit a wide range of applications
- 30 Amp relay built into each 20 Amp circuit
- Suitable for automotive and marine applications
- 12 Months Warranty on manufacture & build
- Prepare the area to mount the switch panel. Use the mounting guides supplied in the manual included with your switch panel. This template will allow you to accurately measure and drill holes. Mounting guides provided are scaled to the exact size of your KT Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panel.
- Once your area has been prepared, drill the mounting holes to suit the self-tapping screws included with your KT Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panel.
- When installing 4 Way (Single Voltage Display) KT Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panel, ensure to run the GROUND ( – ) wire to the battery and the Positive ( + ) to the battery. When installing the 8 Way (Dual Voltage Display) KT Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panel, ensure to run the GROUND ( – ) wire to the battery and the Positive ( + ) to Battery A and the other Positive ( + ) to Battery B.
- When connecting 12 devices, follow the circuit diagram on pages 1 and 2 for easy identification of each switch and the relating terminal/circuits to connect your Positive ( + ) wire.
- IMPORTANT: It is recommended to use an ON/OFF Isolation Switch with your KT Commander Switch Panel to turn OFF your panel when not in use. Failure to install an isolation switch may result in the switch panel draining your battery as the switch panel is ‘Live’ once the GROUND (-) wire is connected.
For 4 Way KT Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panels: Once you have connected GROUND ( – ) wire and Positive ( + ) wire to the battery, your switch is now live and will immediately provide your batteries voltage reading.
For 8 Way KT Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panels: Once you have connected GROUND ( – ) wire and one Positive ( + ) wire to battery A and one Positive ( + ) wire to battery B, your switch is now live and will immediately provide a voltage reading for battery A and battery B.
The KT 4 & 8 Way Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panel is a simple and efficient way to control your devices from one location. The KT Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panel buttons will illuminate BLUE to indicate that a circuit/device is turned ‘ON’ and ACTIVE.
The KT Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panel buttons will illuminate AMBER to indicate when a circuit/device is turned ‘OFF’ and INACTIVE.
When a circuit is turned ‘ON or ‘OFF’, The KT Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panel will make a ‘click’ sound. The Single Voltage Display for the KT 4 Way Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panel and the Dual Voltage Display for the KT 8 Way Commander Smart-Touch Switch Panel will immediately provide the battery/batteries voltage. The voltage will drop once devices are turned ‘On’. Ensure to turn ‘OFF’ your switch panel when not in use via the ON/OFF isolation switch which should be installed along with your panel to prevent draining of battery.
*Important information* - Click here to read more about our How-To terms and conditions.