Is this product for you?
2-part (towelette & pipette) professional strength rearview mirror adhesive & activator. Patent pending medical grade towelette helps to minimize application messes, improves application accuracy and also provides a safer package for general consumers and professional installers. This product incorporates the same professional strength OEM specified formula which ensures that it works! NOT DESIGNED FOR PLASTIC BUTTONS.Directions:
- Perform repair in shaded area at temperatures only between 50°F and 75°F (10°C to 25°C).This product is not recommended for plastic buttons.
- Remove the mounting button from the mirror bracket. Suggested: On the button (opposite mounting side) mark a small arrow to indicate “this side up” with a felt tip pen to help ensure button is not mounted upside-down.
- On the outside of the windshield, mark the spot where the button was mounted with a felt tip marker or crayon. A
- Scrape off all of the old adhesive from the windshield with the safety razor provided.
- Place the sandpaper provided on a flat, hard surface. While holding down the sandpaper with one hand, use the other hand to gently sand the mounting surface of the button using a circular motion until surface is smooth and old adhesive is removed. B
- Grasp the corners of the blue Cleaner-Activator Towelette packet (Part A) and gently pull apart until the green towelette is completely visible. DO NOT REMOVE TOWELETTE FROM PROTECTIVE FOIL COVER. C
- Hold the Cleaner-Activator Towelette by the back of the protective foil cover and wipe the inside of the windshield where the spot was marked by the felt tip pen or crayon.
- Use a circular motion to clean the windshield and overlap the mark by at least 1/2 inch. Allow the windshield to dry completely. DO NOT TOUCH THE WINDSHIELD GLASS AFTER IT HAS BEEN CLEANED. This towelette acts as both a cleaner and activator for the adhesive. D
- Twist the outer cap off of the adhesive tube. With the razor blade included, cut 1/8 inch off the top of the tube. Apply one drop ONLY to the center of the button on the side that has been cleaned. F, G
- Apply the button to the windshield, ensuring that the correct side is up (usually the rounded side). Hold firmly against the windshield for at least 1 minute. Do not move the button during this time. Then allow it to set for at least 30 minutes. H
- Once completely set, mount the mirror bracket onto the button. Clean off markings on the outside of the windshield with the alcohol towelette.
Should the button be mounted incorrectly, purchase a new button and using the same procedure, mount the new button over the top of the incorrectly mounted button. DO NOT attempt to remove the incorrectly mounted button as this may cause the windshield to break or personal injury.