Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant is a general-purpose, black RTV indoor and outdoor sealant. It can seal, mend, repair, bond, and secure and can be applied to metal, plastics, vinyl, glass, fabric, weather stripping, and electrical wiring.Where can you use it?
Permatex Black Silicone is flexible, can be applied to horizontal or vertical surfaces, and resists oil, water, weather, vibration, and grease. This sealant can be used with door frames, windshields, vinyl tops, seams, roofs, and electrical connections.Directions:
- Clean and dry all surfaces.
- Cut nozzle to desired bead size, apply to one surface and assemble immediately.
- Surfaces being bonded may need clamping for 1 hour or until silicone is firm.Silicone”skins” and becomes tack free in one hour.
- Allow 24 hours for full cure and maximum strength under normal conditions. Allow more time in cold or very dry conditions.
- Trim excess with a sharp knife after cure. Most paint will not adhere to silicone. Surfaces should be painted first, then sealed.Clean uncured silicone from hands, tools and clothing withFast Orange®Hand Cleaner.