Not only does rust damage the look of your car, it also eats away at machinery parts severely affecting the performance and safety of your vehicle. So when it comes to rust - the best defence is a good offence and you should regularly protect your car’s interior and exterior, before it ends up costing you a pile of money.
Your local Supercheap Auto stocks a variety of Septone products for both internal and external vehicle rust prevention and are easily applied by the home handy man. To help you choose the right product for the right problem, here’s a rundown to help you find one that suits your needs.
|Interior Rust Protection|
For the average driver, Septone deodorised fish oil will provide perfect protection for internal cavities. This traditional rust preventative protects by sealing internal surfaces from moisture, soil and salt corrosion. It’s a cost effective solution that is easily applied through spray or brush on options. Supercheap Auto recommends Septone because it doesn’t leave that lingering odour of other traditional fish oil products.
If you own a 4WD, camper trailer, caravan, truck, tractor or vehicle that’s regularly exposed to rust accelerating conditions - like moisture, soil or salt - you need rust proof. This is a heavy duty preventative wax coating that gives maximum protection. Septone’s rust proof also conforms to Australian Standards 2662.1 for long life rust prevention.
|External Rust Protection|
Body deadener is a waterproof and anti-corrosive compound designed for application to the undercarriages of vehicles, campers and trailers. Once applied, it forms a durable weather resistant barrier that protects the under carriage from damage caused by flying stones and road debris. Available in both spray and brush on applicators, body deadener has the added bonus of reducing tyre and road noise.
Rust shield is a waterproof and anti-corrosive compound that has been combined with a durable wax that allows the coating to become even more flexible. This long term rust protection is ideal for vehicles exposed to rust accelerating elements such as 4WDs, camper trailers, caravans, trucks, tractors and boat trails. Supercheap Auto recommends Septone’s rust shield because as well as reducing road and tyre noise, it also conforms to Australian Standards 2662.1 for long life rust protection.
- Be extra vigilant in winter. Frost and rain will fast-track any potential rust issues
- Regularly wash your undercarriage. For best results use a high pressure water cleaner
- If you use a car cover, make sure it’s one that breathes so that moisture is not trapped under the body of your car
- Thick rubber floor mats will provide an extra layer of protection from excess water - from wet shoes, umbrellas etc – seeping through the carpet and rusting out your floors
- Protection is about preventing rust causes like flying road debris or build up under your wheels. To help reduce these risks, you can attach mud flaps or guards to your vehicle