While a little bit of rust may not seem like a problem now, it can very quickly spread through metal and cause a significant amount of expensive damage. Supercheap Auto's Rust Converter and primer sealer can help you stop rust in its tracks and prevent it from ever coming back.
This product is ideal for interior, exterior, automotive, industrial, agricultural, marine or domestic applications and will have your metal surfaces looking great for years to come. The simple one-step application chemically converts rust to a primed surface whether across a large area or deep into difficult nooks and crannies.
Directions For Use
- 1. To use the rust converter and primer sealer, start by removing as much rust as possible - using a wire brush, sandpaper, or a grinder. Be sure to wear a dust mask, goggles and other appropriate PPE at all times through the project. The more rust you can remove here, the easier it will be to prepare the surface for painting.
- 2. Once the majority of rust is removed, clean the surface with SCA wax and grease remover and a clean rag.
- 3. Shake the can vigorously for one minute after the mixing ball begins to rattle and apply the spray in a steady back-and-forth motion approximately 25 to 40cm from the surface slightly overlapping each stroke.
- 4. Apply 3 or 4 lights coats in this manner, leaving 5 minutes drying time between each coat.
- 5. The surface should be touch dry within 20 minutes, and can be painted over after 3 hours, or 24 hours if you are using a 2 pack finish.
- 6. If you still have primer left in the can when finished, turn it upside down and depress the nozzle until the spray turns clear. You can now store it away ready for the next job.