FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Super Cheap Auto (Australia) CLUB PLUS Membership
1. In these Terms and Conditions:
1.1. “Club Plus Card” means a membership card issued pursuant to this Program;
1.2. “Club Plus Price Promise” means the benefit to the Member as set out in clause 11.
1.3. “Loyalty Credit” means the electronic credits applied to a Member’s Membership account by SCA which can be redeemed by the Member as payment for purchase with SCA in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
1.4. “Member” means an individual who is an Australian resident whose application to take part in the Program is accepted and approved in writing by SCA;
1.5. “Membership” means membership in this Program.
1.6. “Program” means the SCA Club Plus program operated pursuant to these Terms and Conditions by SCA;
1.7. “SCA” means Super Cheap Auto Pty Limited A.C.N. 085 395 124 of 751 Gympie Road, Lawnton, Queensland, Australia, phone 1300 719 002
1.8. “Website” means www.supercheapauto.com.au/clubplus or such other website as notified by SCA from time to time.
1.9. SCA ‘Contact Point’ means the Supercheap Auto Customer Interaction Centre, telephone 1300 719 002, located at 751 Gympie Road, Lawnton, QLD, 4501, Australia.
2. By paying the joining fee or using the Club Plus Card (hereafter the “Card”), each Member accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any variations made from time to time to these Terms and Conditions by SCA.
3. SCA may change these Terms and Conditions at any time by publishing the amended terms on the Website or otherwise notifying the Member of the change. The amended Terms and Conditions are effective as soon as they are posted or otherwise notified to the Member. It is the Member’s responsibility to check the Website for changes from time to time and before using the Card.
4. Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms and Conditions, we may terminate, suspend, deactivate and/or archive your membership if you have not transacted with or used your Card for any 24 month period. We do not warrant that your membership details will be kept and/or can be retrieved in the event that your membership is terminated, suspended, deactivated and/or archived pursuant to this clause. However, you may be eligible to reapply for a new membership, subject to the terms and conditions of membership at the applicable time.
5. SCA may suspend or cancel the program at any time it deems appropriate, in which case all rights of the Member under these Terms and conditions shall cease. SCA shall use its commercial endeavor to give the Member reasonable advance notice of suspension or cancellation by notification on the Website or by otherwise notifying the Member.
6. Membership in the Program is only open to individuals who reside in Australia and is subject to acceptance and approval of application by SCA. Membership only established on receipt, acceptance and approval of original application of the Member by SCA. SCA may refuse any application at its absolute discretion.
7. Each Card shall remain the property of SCA and must be returned on demand. The Card is not a credit or a payment card. The Card can only be used in SCA’s stores in Australia and the Australian Online Store only. Any lost Card may at the discretion of SCA be replaced. A Member must notify SCA immediately if Card is stolen or lost. SCA is not liable for any delay in replacing a Card.
8. The Member is responsible for the safe keeping of their Card, and SCA will not be liable for any unauthorized use of a Card. The Member shall be responsible and liable for any use of the Card by anyone other than the Member. The Member will be responsible to contact SCA at the SCA Contact Point if they discover any unauthorized activity.
9. The Member’s Card can only be used by the Member and is not transferable. The Member’s Card can only be used on presentation to SCA and must be accompanied with adequate personal identification as determined by SCA (at its sole discretion).
10. SCA shall determine the membership entitlements at its sole discretion which may include (without limitation) communication from SCA, information in relation to the Program, the Club Plus Price Promise, receipt-free warranty, exclusive club member competitions, regular email updates including catalogue previews and special promotional offers at SCA stores. Notwithstanding the forgoing, nothing shall prevent SCA (at its sole discretion) offering promotional offers to individuals who are not Members, changing the terms of the membership entitlements, adding membership entitlements, and removing any membership entitlements.
11. Club Plus Price Promise - If the product purchased by a club member goes on sale within 14 days after the date of the original purchase, the difference between the original purchase price and the sale price will be automatically credited to the club member’s account as a Loyalty Credit. Club Members will receive notification via email when Loyalty Credits are allocated to their club member account. To spend Loyalty Credit, club members must scan their Card at a SCA store before making their next purchase, or be logged into their membership account on the website before completing an online purchase.
Example: On Monday you head into your nearest SCA store in Australia and buy a set of car seat covers for the full price of $50. On Wednesday, the same seat covers go on sale in a SCA catalogue for $35.
A credit of $15 will be automatically issued against your membership account as Loyalty Credit. Notification will be sent when this credit has been applied to your membership account. You can then use the $15 credit towards your next purchase(s) such as floor mats, provided it is spent within 28 days after which the credit expires.
The Club Plus Price Promise EXCLUDES products which are on promotion as Multi-Buys, Bonus Buys or Combo Deals.
12. Loyalty Credits may be issued by SCA as follows:
12.1. Upon paying the $5 club membership fee and approval of the Member’s application for Membership, the Member will be issued $10 complimentary Loyalty Credit. This credit must be used within 56 days from the date of club membership activation (AEST).
12.2. SCA may choose at their sole discretion (E.g. promotional events) to waive the $5 joining fee, however in this instance the $10 of Loyalty Credits will not be applied to the members account.
12.3. Club membership is considered activated once the member’s profile has been fully completed online. Members will receive notification of this activation via email.
12.4. Loyalty Credits will be automatically applied to a Member’s Membership account as part of the Club Plus Price Promise.
12.5. Loyalty Credits can be automatically issued at the sole discretion of SCA, if and when it chooses to at its sole discretion.
13. The redemption and/or use of the Loyalty Credits is subject to the following conditions:
13.1. The Member must present his/her Card for scanning at the point of purchase for each transaction to ensure Loyalty Credits can be issued by SCA under the Club Plus Price Promise at a future date if applicable. If the Card is not presented to SCA prior to the transaction being processed by SCA, then no Loyalty Credits will be issued to the Member for that transaction under the Club Plus Price Promise.
13.2. The Member has 28 days (from the date of allocation (AEST) by SCA) to use the Loyalty Credits (excluding Loyalty Credits allocated at sign-up, these have a 56 day life span - AEST). After the 28 day period, any Loyalty Credits applied to the Member’s account as a result of a particular purchase will expire and cannot be redeemed towards purchases.
13.3. The Member can review their Loyalty Credit balance at any time by simply logging into their club member page or asking a SCA team member in-store.
13.4. Loyalty Credits are not redeemable for cash or exchanged for any other type of credits offered by SCA.
13.5. Loyalty Credits will be applied on the Member’s account the day following the Club Plus Price Promise effected by SCA, and can be used from that day forward excluding the $10 Loyalty Credits issued on ”sign-up” which is available for use once membership is fully activated online by the Member
13.6. Members, who don’t pay the initial joining fee of $5, will not be credited with the $10 Loyalty Credits e.g. SCA team members and/or special events.
13.7. Loyalty Credits cannot be used to purchase gift cards, lay-bys or special orders
13.8. Loyalty Credits can be redeemed towards the purchase of goods via SCA’s online store. The Loyalty Credits can also be redeemed by the Member towards freight and handling costs associated with making a purchase through SCA’s online store.
13.9. Club members seeking to return products purchased using Loyalty Credits will need to return the items to their closest Supercheap Auto store, no returns can be processed online
13.10. A Member wishing to redeem any Loyalty Credits towards his/her purchase shall be required to ask SCA’s team member at the point of purchase to redeem existing Loyalty Credits on that particular transaction. SCA will not automatically redeem the Loyalty Credits in the Member’s account towards any purchase without the Member’s request to SCA’s staff member at the point of purchase.
13.11. Products can be purchased completely by just using Loyalty Credits (if the Member has sufficient Loyalty Credits balance in the Member’s account), however should a Member want to return (in accordance with SCA’s returns policy) any Product purchased wholly via the redemption of Loyalty Credits, then the Member will simply have the Loyalty Credits refunded into the Member’s account. No cash will be refunded by SCA. Refunded ‘Loyalty Credits’ will have a 28 day expiry date from the date of the refund being issued.
13.12. If a product is being returned after a purchase which was paid for by a combination of a cash and Loyalty Credits, then the Member will receive the refund in the same combination and proportion. For Example, I bought a set of seat covers using $25 cash and $25 Loyalty Credits. The refund would be issued as $25 cash and $25 Loyalty Credits back onto my membership card.
13.13. SCA Trade Account members can apply for club Membership however the Trade Account/Cash Card cannot be used in conjunction with the Card, only one or the other can be used.
13.14. Loyalty Credits can only be redeemed in a SCA store or online store in Australia. For example, Loyalty Credits earned in Australia cannot be redeemed in a New Zealand Super Cheap Auto Store or the New Zealand Super Cheap Auto online store.
14. The Member hereby irrevocably holds harmless SCA, its related bodies corporate, employees, directors, suppliers and agencies from all claims, suits, demands, actions, proceedings which the Member has or in the future may have against SCA, its related bodies corporate, employees, directors, suppliers and agencies, and shall indemnify and release SCA, its related bodies corporate, employees, suppliers, directors, related companies and agencies from all and any claims for damages or otherwise in the terms of, and arising out of this Program to the full extent permitted by law. The term “related bodies corporate” has the meaning given to the term “related company” by the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
15. To the extent permitted by law, SCA will not be liable for any delays, disruptions, omissions or errors in the operation of the Program including technical or mechanical malfunctions, and will not be liable for any loss caused by any such delays, disruptions, omissions or errors.
16. The Member acknowledges and agrees that all decisions pertaining to this Program rests solely with SCA and its decision is final.
17. Without in any way limiting the operation of, and in accordance with clause 14, SCA in its sole discretion can at all times:
17.1. change, amend or vary these Terms and Conditions;
17.2. change, amend, vary, withdraw or cancel any promotional offer offered to Members; and
17.3. Exclude a Member from, or cancel a Member’s Membership in, the Program, without prior notice and without prior notice to a Member.
18. SCA gives no warranty as to the continuing availability of the Program or the Club Plus Price Promise. SCA may, in its absolute discretion, at any time cancel the Program (including without limitation the Club Plus Price Promise) in whole (or in part) upon reasonable notice of not less than 1 week.
19. Without limiting clauses 17 and 18 in any way, Members will be taken to have received notice of any changes to these Terms and Conditions if SCA notifies the Member of the change by any method including, but not limited to the use of email and or posting details of the changes on the Website.
20. Without in any way limiting the rights of SCA as set out in clauses 17 and 18, if a Member is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, at any time, then SCA may cancel the Member’s Membership with the Program and any Member whose Membership is cancelled may no longer access Member promotional offers, the Loyalty Credits, or any other related benefits.
21. To the extent permitted by law, SCA, its related bodies corporate, employees, directors, suppliers and agencies is not liable for any loss or damage suffered by Members resulting from such withdrawals, cancellations, variations or change as set out in clauses 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and generally arising from the Program.
22. Privacy: SCA, and/or its agents on its behalf, collects the Member’s personal information in order to operate the Program. If this information is not provided then the Member may not participate in the Program. By making an application, unless otherwise advised, the Member consents and authorises SCA and or any other third party (including without limitation a related body corporate, agents, contractors) to use this personal information for the purpose of conducting the Program. In addition this personal information and any other information that is obtained via the Program may be used by SCA, its parent company, Super Retail Group Ltd and related body corporates, for future marketing, promotional, research, product development and planning purposes in any form of media (including without limitation to communications made via ‘electronic messages’ as defined in the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007). A request by the Member to access, update or correct any information should be directed to Super Cheap Auto Club Plus, PO Box 344, Lawnton, QLD, 4501 Australia.